Friday, October 23, 2015

The Box of Miracles- Day Eight


Let me tell you a little story about a woman from New Jersey.

She got married out of nursing school to her high school sweetheart, had two children, and acquired a house with property and relationship misery that resulted in divorce when her children were six and three years old. She'd grown heavier, and newly single, she began to experiment with dieting.

She tried them all; Weight Watchers, Lean Line, Overeaters Anonymous, Optifast, among multiple others. She would last a few months or a year or so and not get the results she wanted or would stray because they were difficult with her single mom life.

The house revolved around these diet and nutrition changes.

Year after year it went this way. The woman's sister also battling with her weight. Sometimes they'd go on the same diets. Then both sisters' children grew up and they too had weight issues. The children started going on the same diet programs; they commiserated as cousins the failures and successes they were having.

And collectively, they all gained and lost many, many times. They stopped telling each other about their diet programs. While they all perpetually dieted and fell-off diets, none of them found something new to share. The results were always the same, after water-weight loss, the scale moved at a glacial pace and they were exhausted and sick to death of whatever they'd been eating. They were basically all a waste of time and money, but hey as long as they were dieting, there was always the hope that the miracle would be found. Even surgery wasn't the miracle. Talk about a let-down!

Fast-forward to early 2015.

Karen, one of the cousins, started a new program. She heard about it from her friend Denise. They had been co-warriors in their respective battles of the bulge for many years. Denise was getting jaw-dropping results. Very, very quickly. Karen bit. Karen started to get jaw-dropping results too! Also very, very quickly. She told me about her success months ago.

I was hooked! I wanted in! Now!

*SUPERLOUDSCREECHOFTRUCKTIRESBREAKING*

It's how much? HOW MUCH?!?

I won't tell you what I said, but I will say that it involved the services of both a masseuse and a gigolo.

So I sat by the sidelines; watching, waiting...trolling Karen and Denise on Facebook, drooling over their photos.

And I knew how to get there, but I had other financial commitments! I have kids and a house and a car and phones and...

Just. Like. Everyone. Else.

The first time buy in for the package I needed was a full paycheck (if I didn't have deductions and did have overtime). Yeah, every month after that would be less, but that first chunk was hard to wrap my head and my wallet around.

NOT HAPPENING. TOO MUCH. CAN'T DO IT.

But the program and its promises, the visible results from Karen and Denise haunted me. I saved up. And I started showing My Man the posts. And we got excited together and talked about doing the program the way people talk about what they would do if they hit the lottery.

Labor day weekend done, I return to work to find I no longer had a job. I filed for unemployment and was awarded less than half of my net income for a 40 hour week.

Now we're REALLY broke.

We find out there's a business side to the program.

Denise works the full time business side of the program. She announced on Facebook that she had replaced her corporate salary where she was employed for 20 years--I don't know the math, but living in Texas is a lot less expensive than living in New Jersey.

The dollar signs flashed in my head.

We did more research, and the business side of the company has created 136 millionaires in 13 years. I like those odds! People are becoming millionaires by doing something that is good for them, feeling better, gaining lean muscle mass, dropping inches, erasing wrinkles...and simply telling other people what it has done for them...BECAUSE THE PRODUCT WORKS. It DOES all of that, and more. Everyone has their own transformation story.

Now, I'm not just buying into a "weight loss program" but a business which has as much income potential as I give it, because all I would have to do is tell people the truth about what it has done for me and people that I personally know. I would help people achieve concrete change in their bodies and anyone that does the program can get paid to do it... by a reputable company.

I drank the Kool-aid.

We finally managed a way to order the program. Secure in the fact that it came with a 30 day money back guarantee (because I was still jaded and wanted a way out in case it didn't work for me like it did for Karen and Denise). I started the program on October 16, 2015.

Today is my first measure milestone--Day Eight. I have been on the program for seven full days and I have lost 23.75 inches. I have energy. My skin is glowing. I'm thinking more clearly. Every inch of my body inside and out is improving because I'm doing this.

Every failed dieter mantra that I have heard in my own head over my 36 years of dieting is evaporating in the glow of concrete results.

Everywhere I go people that recognize me are asking me what I'm doing.

I still have two and a half weeks to go before my 30 day money back guarantee expires...


THEY CANNOT HAVE MY BOX OF MIRACLES BACK!!!




MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Share

2 comments:

Debbie Joyce said...

Amazing story! Good luck with your journey.

Barb Price said...

Love how you are able to express your feelings and your thoughts and keep us so engrossed....can't wait to hear more!!!!