Sunday, December 27, 2009

Facebook and Universal Timing





It's called Universal Timing. That thing that happens when you do something and it all falls together beautifully despite the many details and places available for making a mess of it all. Kind of like a Julia Child recipe.

It's also when you want to kick yourself for not doing the thing sooner, but then you realize that if you'd done it way back when, you'd have burnt down the house... or something akin to that on a life choice level.

That's how going back to school tomorrow is for me. For all of you wonderful people that commented on the last post with encouragement, well wishings, and a curiosity for what I'm going to be doing; first of all, let me say thank you from the bottom of my twisted-like-a-corkscrew-heart. As for my major, it will be Health Care Admin with a concentration in Pharmacy Practice. And again I say, I have no idea how I came to that decision. Why I picked THAT major. It's fuzzy in all the details. And yet, so fits me that I can't say one thing against the choice.

I know I was on facebook and saw an ad proclaiming that Moms Could Win $10,000. It all goes gray-fuzzy from there. So it is that I credit my unnatural ability to be on facebook for more hours than I spend on anything else, for being used by the Universe to send me where I needed to go. And because of that, I can't quit my beloved site.

I also had to make a tough but clear decision that until I get used to my new School Schedule I have to stop facebooking to that degree. So, I've decided that the only game I'm going to actively play will be FarmVille. I just really like that one.

But I'm also aware that games like Mafia Wars and Sorority Life require you to have "friends"... mobbies, sisters... so I'm not going to completely block those applications. However, gifts sent to me from these apps will be wasted. I appreciate your game-friendship and thinking that I'm worthy to be one of your 20 people gifted today, but honestly, until I am comfortable in my schedule, I will be ignoring any and all gifts from anything other than FarmVille. If I have extra time I will send out gifts from time to time, please don't reciprocate. Also, don't ask me to join any other games. I'm sure Fish Isle and Farm Town are very enjoyable for you, but I'm not anticipating having time and those too, will be ignored.

Please don't take these declines personally. Working FarmVille the way I do usually takes me about an hour a day. Add two classes to that and a toddler, a husband, a long-distance daughter and a house to maintain, not to mention my own personal care and hygiene needs, and I need to give myself a clear cut game plan of how I'm going to spend my time. Those of you with real lives understand, I'm sure. This is the first time in a long time that I've had definitive "have to's" in my life with deadlines and everything... In other words, A LIFE, and yes, I bought this life online... to answer the bumper sticker.

I was going to put all of this into a facebook email and just send it to my 200+ friends cause that would have been the courteous, unobtrusive thing to do, but facebook hasn't caught up to me and wouldn't let me send the email to my group called Everyone, but wanted me to put in each person separately. Honestly, I do not possess that kind of patience. I use it all up putting my many chickens into rows on FarmVille.



MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected


Share on facebook


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

6 comments:

Carico said...

How exciting you are going back to school. Congrats and best of luck. looks like 2010 is going to be a year of fun and a lot of New Years resolutoins like quiting facebook and other programs. Best of luck to you!

The Retired One said...

I decided a long time ago when I first joined FB that I would not start participating in any of the games. I knew I would get addicted.
And, blogging was taking up quite a bit of time too.
I am glad now that I don't play Farmville or Mafia or any of those.
I am so happy for you that you are fulfilling a dream of yours and actually going for it with gusto.
If anyone can do it, Aria..you can...you have a strong will, even more determination and you are SO smart.
I can't wait to share your educational journey thru the blog.

Aria said...

Carico~ thanks for the well wishes. Come back and visit again soon!

Joan~ No fair making the blog author cry ;-) Thanks for always reading and commenting and being such a wonderful encouragement throughout my twisty train-wreck of days! Love ya woman!

Cyndi said...

I realize I'm late but congrats on going back to school! I'm also back in school. It is tough to balance a full time job, 2 kids, house, school and FB. I applaud your willpower on this one. My game of choice is Restaurant City and I will not be giving that up either. Can't wait to hear how school is going.

The Retired One said...

When are you going to BLOG again??????
I am going into serious withdrawals,GIRL !!!!

Unknown said...

Pookie, I'm not sure I can remember not to gift to you on anything but Farmville, but I won't be offended if you wasted my gifts. There are so many people I'm sure I've gifted that have never given me ANYTHING.

So when you start working at a pharmacy are you going to hook me up with Xanax? ;-p